The six month coaching program for pre-tenure womxn and nonbinary professors ready to find professional ease and confidence by building a strategic writing and publication practice that lays the foundation for their career.
This proprietary two-phase program teaches you the secrets to academic success on your terms:
Module 1: Design Your Career
Design the career (and life) you want
What’s the difference between surviving your career and thriving in it? Design. Learn how to create an intentional career that aligns with your scholarly goals and your life.
- Cast the big-picture vision for your early career experience
- Reject the idea that there is a “traditional path” to academic success and create a milestone map of the key academic events important to you and your career
Module 2: Power Up Your Pipeline
Create a pipeline that sets your career design in motion
Your pipeline is not just your writing to-do list: it’s the foundation of a designed career. You need a pipeline strategy that puts your work in conversation with your field but also tells your unique story.
- Take control of your publishing pipeline and your career by establishing both priorities and boundaries.
- Minimize off-mission activities to focus on your writing
- Manage your pipeline so that you know exactly what to work on next, even if you have multiple projects in play
Module 3: Set Your Career’s Foundation
Plan your pre-tenure experience
It’s time to take the actions–now–that will set a strong, sustainable foundation for your career. This is not just about what you want to accomplish. How do you want your early career to feel? Start the way you mean to go on, with a firm, sustainable foundation.
- Create your pre-tenure action plan
- Write your career narrative
Module 4: Resilient Writing
Master a bounce-back writing system
Building on our signature Soaring System method, you’ll learn the next step in sustainable writing practice: overcoming derailments. Learn how to ride the predictable–and unpredictable–ebbs and flows of academia. With a solid writing system in place, you’ll be able to keep your pipeline flowing with ease and–dare I say it?–joy.
- Understand how rest is key to productive writing
- Confidently create your resilient writing plan
Module 5: Manage Yourself
Uplevel your time management and planning
Learn how to make time in your schedule to write and rest with next-level time management skills. Knowing yourself, your motivations, and your processes is key to getting it all done with time to spare for thinking and resting.
- Know what motivates you to write, and use that information to keep you going
- Leverage the create/restore cycle to manage your time and energy
- Develop systems and workflows to remove decision fatigue and hold boundaries
Module 6: Manage Others
Develop professional relationships that are mutually beneficial and fulfilling
Hitting your career goals would be so much easier if there weren’t all these other people slowing you down (jk, but it feels that way sometimes!). Learn how to turn relationships that have the potential to get in your way into fruitful facilitators of your goals.
- Learn how to “manage up” so that your administration supports you
- Create crystal-clear co-author communication so that your collaborations flow
- Manage student collaborators with next-level mentorship
Module 7: Develop Self-Trust
Learn the most important lesson of all: How to trust yourself
If there is ONE thing that will transform your academic career it is deeply trusting yourself. But the culture of academia (and let’s face it–the larger patriarchy) teaches womxn to self-doubt instead.
- Hear what your inner mentor is telling you about each decision you make
- Use our internal/external model for developing self-trust (yes, you can learn this!)
- Create positive spaces (physical and mental) to take risks
Module 8: Lead For Change
Let your values drive your career
The racist, ableist, patriarchy is exhausting. Being a leader inside of institutions that uphold it is even more exhausting. Process when to take risks in defense of your values and when to preserve your energy. We know that these choices will differ depending on your race, ethnicity, ability, and sexual orientation (among other factors), and our coaching team is equipped to help you navigate them.
- Articulate what leadership looks like for you, in your early career and beyond
- Develop a values statement that will guide your work
Module 9: Create Practices
Develop the practices that will sustain you beyond Amplify
You’ve grown so much in Amplify, now it’s time to create the semester-ly and yearly practices that will maintain your new achievements. Nothing in this program is one-and-done: you will continue to develop and get better at career design over time.
- Leverage writing groups and communities of practice
- Create regular check-in plans
BONUS: A ticket to our 2.5-day New Year’s Virtual Writing Retreat
Start the year “write” with our exceptional virtual experience where you’ll
infuse your New Year with writing energy, participate in workshops, and have time to write (and think!) with the community you’ve been building online. Our 2.5 virtual retreat is nothing like days and days in boring Zoom trainings. We design a new retreat each year around a theme and then create workshops and interactive experiences to help you feel transformed and refreshed in the new year.
BONUS: Library of Recorded Content
All of our proven recorded training and courses
When you join Amplify, you get access to all our recorded courses and workshops, including Navigate: Your Writing Roadmap® and Organize Your Academic Life. You’ll keep unlimited access to these recorded resources so that they can support you throughout your career.